5 months down the line....
Trip Start Nov 04, 2009
65Trip End Jan 05, 2015
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
On the 4th of april my trip turned 5 months old.
Not only people continuously ask me if I am tired of traveling but I have asked myself the same question.
And the answer is........no I am not tired. The only thing I miss are the people I have left behind and my sport routine. Everything else is on a shelf getting dusty (including my old job : )
I am not the kind of person that gets tired or gives up if I have taken a decision.
I am not spoiled. I know what I am getting myself into and I will finish it
The first chapter (the Canaries, Cabo Verde, Latin America, and North America-Mexico and Cuba) is coming to an end.
So what are the conclusions on the trip so far?
1. You can find Coca Cola everywhere, even in the most remote corners of the earth
2. As a consequence, it is inevitable that globalization will get everywhere at any given time (after the fall of dictatorships too)
3. Poor people are the happiest
4. Poor people are the most generous. You get invited all the time to join them.
5. It is amazing how easily and the amount of people you meet when you are traveling
6. It is amazing how small the world is. If you talk to people you meet, we all know each other, or have been to the same places, often at the same time too
7. If you want to have a good time and discover things, create a contact for yourself, among travelers or the people you know back home
8. When you wish for something you will get it, maybe not soon, but you will
9. Finding about coincidences makes your day
10. Life in the world is cyclical: everything repeats itself and human beings have no appetite for change generally speaking. Too bad. You might as well leave everything behind for a year and travel because when you get back everything will be the same, only minor changes will have occurred.
11. Love is in the air, but the air is polluted : )
The most interesting thing about traveling is that you are not caught in a routine that kills your creativity and you are on the contrary exposed to new things all the time, your brain gets so many hints and suggestion to travel free and come up with ideas, your own.
The best investment for a human being is to undertake such a journey. Break away from a society that ties you down, for a while, and experience the freedom that we are so lucky to have.
This is not surviving, this is to live life
A mexican proverb goes: "Divide y ganaras" which stands for divide and conquer.
When I discovered it I actually thought it meant share with other people what you have and you ll get rich.
Is it right to interpret things? I think it is.