Trip Start Jul 17, 2010
22Trip End Jul 26, 2010
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Its now 10 weeks since my angioplasty and I'm still gradually improving. Every few days I have a step backward but the number of days between the back steps is increasing. The improvements are very gradual but they are improvements.
The following is a summary of the changes I've seen:
- Significant reduction in spasticity
· The muscles in my back no longer pull to the right and my body is straight again
· My right arm no longer hugs my body.
· My right arm has more range of motion
· I can pick up a glass and drink with my right hand.
· I can walk with my right arm just bending slightly rather than hugging my body
· My right leg bends down easier
· I can bend both knees to pick something up from the floor
· My balance is better
· I can walk slightly faster
· I can cut with a small scissors because I now have the strength in my fingers to open the scissors
Overall, I am stronger.
There are many people trying to make venous angioplasty available in Canada but the political games are abundant.
If you know someone who wants to have angioplasty and can't afford to go outside Canada please help them raise the money. It is definitely worth it.