Our last day in Sweden
Trip Start Jun 07, 2006
24Trip End Jun 25, 2006
Today Paul Spenser drove us about three hours to the Stockholm airport. For next time we determined that we would either take the train from back to Spensers from Arlanda where the airport is located or come into a closer airport which has service from the United Kingdom.
As we passed through Stockholm we stopped at McDonald's for breakfast...we were getting adjusted back to the USA as we were leaving.
Here are the items that were accomplished on this journey
1. Western Ukraine: Brought over necessary files for printing the Swedish booklet ROAD TO ETERNAL LIFE and Russian Correspondence Course lessons 1-4,6. The printing will be done in Western Ukraine. Some will be mailed from this region. Other items will be shipped to Paul Kieffer in Germany for shipping to Sweden or Estonia.
2. Western Ukraine: For LifeNets we assessed the needs to continue our Computer Education Program in Khust and outlying villages. We are working with a major computer firm in the USA to provide us with 50 desktop computers as well as printers and copiers.
3. Western Ukraine: Visited our Street Children and Orphan program in Vinogradov. We have sponsored this project for the past four years and were extrememly pleased to see how it is administered. We were able to spend some quality time with the children.
4. Western Ukraine: Attended and spoke in this Churches and discussed church matters mostly dealing with the observance of the Holy Days and Festivals.
5. Chernobyl: Took part in the 10 year anniversary of the Revival Centre in Chernihov. LifeNets has been a key sponsor in the development of the rehabilitation for disabled children since its inception in 1996. We presented a mini-bus as our gift for this occasion.
6. Estonia: Visited our church members holding a Sabbath service in Tartu and an all day picnic the next. We talked about their involvement in literature fulfilment and spent time with prospective members.
7. Estonia: Visited with the managers of Pereraaadio (Family Radio) and talked about advertising our literature on the air.
8. Finland: Baptized a refugee from Thailand who just moved to Finland to live. This was done in Kemi, almost at the Arctic Circle
9. Sweden: Conducted a Good News Seminar talking about World Security. We had just returned from Chernobyl and our focus was on Sweden and it's relationship with the former USSR and spoke of how the Bible says about the future.
10. Sweden: Met with people who were interested in fellowshiping with the United Church of God
We feel that we accomplished a lot....things that cannot be done by telephone, email or letter. We bonded with the many people we came in contact with and now want to build on these relationships and experiences in Eastern Europe and Scandinavia.
Most of the day was spend flying from Stockholm to Chicago and then back to Indianapolis.
Come back to this Travelogue again to see the posting of more photos on the various days of the trip.
Thanks for reading....see you on our next trip!!