Top 10 List
Trip Start Jan 04, 2010
47Trip End Dec 23, 2010
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
10. tissue can be thrown in the toilet. they use a compost system (no water - just layering of sawdust as you go) and it works amazingly. this will be our soil when we start on the garden.
9. all animals roam free. horses, dogs, birds (paco lives in a tree outside his mama's house), chickens, pigs...and nothing disappears (unless we've eaten it).
8. fruit tastes like fruit...sweet, juicy, and perfectly ripe. if it's not ready to eat, it's not sold.
7. i am never cold...ever.
6. 'victoria' is easy to pronounce for locals...unlike 'tish'...and easy to remember since it's the name of the national cervesa.
5. dinner is home-made, prepared by local women of the village, and served family style around a huge table...lots of interesting conversations (as everyone is from all regions of the world), much laughter, and great travel tips.
4. stress is a four-letter word here.
3. i was told in a voice as sweet as nectar that 'your eyes are the color of our ocean'. never heard it put that way - and my good buddy manfred's warning rings in my ears. lucky for me, i am not 20 anymore...and the pants don't drop that easy.
2. the sand is soft, black and beautiful and everyone has an appointment with the sunset at the end of the day.
1. boogie-boarding - everyday - free