Trip Start Dec 14, 2007
300Trip End Nov 04, 2008
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Where I stayed
Estancia Don Emilio
- more horse riding in different areas of the estancia
- milking of a cow at 7am. Its much tougher than we thought
- using the cow charriot
- more food!
- the water at the estancia is just delicious. They have their own water source and it has been the first time since Santiago that we have enjoyed drinking tap water...all the rest of the time we drink mineral water
- a breakfast fruit called "mamon" (which is a bit of an insult in Spain)
A few other comments to add on our experience on Paraguay:
- A politician apparently said (I wont mention parties) "we need to keep corruption in our party. We cant allow other parties to join the corruption".
- A political party has as slogan "Basta Carajo" (PPQ party)
- One of the potential candidates for Presdient (Blanca Olvear) said that the yellow fever was to be blamed on "climate change". Al Gore can join the elections now!
- In theory we were going to watch a lunar eclipse, and it was the perfect place. However...we committed the error of sitting down to read after dinner and fell asleep immediately...it was a few hours of horse riding!
- In the farm Ņa Virginia sometimes collects the eggs of ducks and another species called "Guinea" if she thinks the mother has too many. She then places them with a hen who apparently the the best mother of all the different bird species in farms. Its funny to see a hen walking around and about 8 other birds following her with no obvious species connection. It seems that the hen really suffers when the ducks run to the water and start swimming as hens hate water...wonderful nature.