A Working Day In Singapore

Trip Start May 25, 2010
Trip End May 26, 2010

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Singapore  ,
Wednesday, May 26, 2010

As usual on my working trip, I woke up at 3 am Sharp 4.10 am, I left home and drove to LCCT in KLIA. Along the way, had to stop for fuel and arrived at the airport at 5.10 am. I was told that all Singapore bound flights are now taking off from gate Y1, the boring area to wait. Hehehe. Went in at 0520 and waited for the departure time.

What was more demotivating was that all the faces inside were sleepy faces, none were having the active face, what else to expect at that hour. Then the announcement came to board the flight at 0545 and the plane took off as scheduled at 0615.

Somehow, the scenery this morning was great, especially the sun rise from above the clouds.  The plane landed at sharp 0800 in Changi Airport, Singapore. Cleared the immigration and took the MRT from Terminal 2. Headed to Farrer Park Station and arrived there at 0840. Had a quick breakfast at Komalas Restaurant. A self Service restaurant which charges expensive for the items served. A set of 2 idlis, 1 vadai and a coffee cost me SGD 4.70 .

After breakfast, left for Harbour Front Station as my meeting place is within 5 minutes of walking distance from there. Finished the meeting at 1100 am and then went back to Serangoon to buy some items from Mustaffa.

Then at 1200 noon, left for Paya Lebar Area to meet an ex school mate there who works in Singapore. First time using the Orange Line, the newly launched MRT line. The stations are built grandly. Arrived at 1230 and had lunch at a nearby mall, not too sure what the name is. After lunch, left at 1330 for the airport.
Arrived at the budget terminal at 1430, a little early for my flight. Therefore, had to wait until 1445 for the boarding counters to open. The counters opened on time but the queue line was extremely long. After getting my boarding pass, was just at the waiting lounge and checking and responding to my emails. Everybody there who was occupying the internet terminals were all on face book. Hmmm, it has become so popular nowadays.

As the announcement came for boarding, got onto the plane and the flight took off as scheduled. The announcement was so bad inside Tiger Airways flight that I thought I was in China. I believe these guys should send their stewardess for some english courses to improve the spoken clarity.
As I was seriously short of sleep, the moment i sat in, I just dozed off. I still remember overhearing the captains announcement that once we were in KLIA, we were not given landing permission yet and had to stay off ground for another 30 minutes, to me it was fine as I got more time to sleep.

Once after touchdown, straight went to my car and rushed back home as I need to get ready and head off to my hometown of Tanjung Malim in Perak for the temple festival.
Slideshow Report as Spam


greekcypriot on

Beautiful photos, and nice entry as usual.

venoth on

Hi Popi, thanks for your lovely comments.

Add Comment

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: