20 things I learned while abroad
Trip Start May 05, 2012
17Trip End May 18, 2012
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
1. Canadians really do say "eh" and "abooot"
2. Travel sickness usually happens day 2 or 3, so be prepared.
3. The Irish know how to party.
4. Don't be over ambitious - stay in one place for a long time and use it as a hub
5. The Dutch are amazing people
6. Learn French before going to Belgium
7. Stay in a single room if you're going to stay in a hostel or get a hotel
8. Some stereotypes are there for a reason and the truth isn't far off
9. Comfortable shoes are a must
11. England is really lax on security
12. Drink beer or do shots because you're charged per ingredient for most drinks
13. Ireland is cold and no one turns their heaters on
14. Shopping in London is the best
15. Flip flops are essential
16. Go to Europe in the summer if you want to be remotely warm
17. Learn to speak another language before you go so you can talk to your travel partner in it and or other people - most Europeans know at least 2 or 3 languages minimum
18. No one cares how you dress: be yourself and they'll like you more
19. Go to the non touristy areas and youre bound to have more fun and it will be cheaper
20. When in Rome... Do as the Romans.
It's good to be home... Now to start planning the next trip!