Hob Knobbing at the TT
Trip Start Jan 31, 2011
72Trip End Jul 10, 2011
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
During week one practice, Craig DOYLE the front man for ITV4 the TV channel that covers the TT, wanders around the paddock and the track side and interviews visitors as part of the human interest aspect ie where are you from? Why did you come? What is the attraction? Who are your favorite riders? etc etc. Guess who he interviewed? Yes, the media tart Mrs LANE! She gave a super confident interview explaining our ride from Turkey to the TT and even showed the rear of her t-shirt we designed showing where we had visited enroute to the IOM.
The interview was shown on UK TV and Kerrie became a celebrity overnight! Since it went to air she has been stopped in the street, in our local supermarket, in a restaurant, in the paddock, out riding and so on, by people saying are you the "TV interview lady from Australia?" Chris said he would become Kerrie's manager and handle all future media deals.
Soon after arrival we met Dave MILLIGAN the owner/boss of Get Routed who shipped our bikes.
Dave arranged for us to meet Cameron DONALD the Aussie TT ace.
That was the start of it. Kerrie has since brushed shoulders with the following big names:
1. John McGUINESS - 16 times TT winner and King of the Mountain,
2. Bruce ANSTEY - great Kiwi TT legend with 8 wins,
3. Ian HUTCHINSON - first and only man in history to win all 5 TT races in one year (2010),
4. Conor CUMMINS - local Manx Man & famed TT rider,
5. Michael DUNLOP - 2 time TT winner & nephew of Joey DUNLOP (26 time TT winner),
6. Charlie BOORMAN - sidekick of Ewan McGREGOR and famous for Long Way Round/Down, Race to Dakar and the By Any Means series,
7. Craig DOYLE - ITV4 front man for the TT broadcaste,
8. Steve PARRISH & Jamie WHITHAM who comment each year on the TT,
9. Rod "The Irishman" - former owner of the Mount Glorious Cafe,
10. GROFF - famed Australian motorcycle columnist who writes for Two Wheels and several other motorcycle rags,
11. Phil ARNOLD & Derek - self appointed staff members of the temporary Australian Consulate on the IOM based at Port Erin (they fly the Aussie flag there and drink heaps of grog),
12. Jo HANNAN - wife of author Mike HANNAN and member of Team Elephant and famed for riding their bike around the world,
13. The famed Biker Twins - guess who?,
14. The IOM gentleman who presented Kerrie a painted mould of the IOM 3 legged symbol for being interviewed on TV,
15. Mike and Katrina - English couple who have Kerrie free grandstand tickets for being famous as "the TV interview lady ",
16. Brian WILSON (The Beachboys?) & his son Chris, the latter shared our digs and we christened him 'Chris2' with our own Chris being 'Chris1'
Can you spot any other rich and famous?