Trip Start Jul 02, 2010
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
Clarita's Cottages & Resort

Flag of Philippines  , Visayas,
Sunday, February 6, 2011

Took the plane from Caticlan and arrived in Cebu at 12:45pm. In the airport arrival hall I checked the times of the ferry to Maasin on Leyte at the tourist office. On all days of the week the ferry leaves at 7pm except for Sundays at 12am, so I decided to give Moalboal a visit which is only 2 1/2h busride away on the other side of Cebu island. Took a taxi to the busstation which cost 150 piso and then the local bus to Moalboal for 91 piso.
Arrived at Moalboal at 16:30pm and took a tricycle to the Panagsama beach and got a nice bungalow for 700 piso with 3 beds, big bathroom with hot shower at the Clarita's Cottages & Resort.
The Panagsama beach is not really nice, but its a paradise to dive and snorkel here. Turtles and reefs everywhere.
The white beach is about 7km away so I also rented a bike for 300 piso per day.
In the evening I had a really good dinner (chicken adobo) at the Last Filling Station and met lots of older germans, an austrian girl (Steffi) and russian girl (Anastasia). On of the german guys revealed that its his birthday and got his ukulele and so we ended up singing old german folk songs and russian polka :)
Afterwards Steffi, Anastasia, two locals Eric (the baker) and Jana, and me went to play pool at the Chili bar.
After the Chili bar I met had a drink with a local guy I was playing pool with and was talking to the bar girl. She had bought a wrong toothbrush (for babies) so I offered her to bring her one I still have in my luggage from Sulawesi (from the hotel room).
See Matze you never know when it comes in handy... ;P

Got up at 11am and had breakfast and check my mails with a dreadfully bad connection - like surfing 20 years ago on a 2400baud modem :(
Booked a flight now to Legaspi to go diving with the whale sharks in Donsol, so I will not be going to Leyte. Will stay here till the 10th and fly from Cebu to Legaspi and then from Legaspi back to Manila on the 14th.
In the evening we went to play pool again with the locals and the Anastasia and had a last drink with the girls (Jan-jan & Rovessa) at the last bar.

Was feeling a bit ill - must've eaten something bad, so I stayed in bed (or on the toilet) most of the day.
In the evening I had dinner at the Last Filling Station - they make fantastic pizza - and off to see Jan-jan and Rovessa for a short but nice chat.

Still feeling ill, so I stayed in bed and on the toilet most of the day again - damn no diving in Moalboal :(
In the evening I had dinner at the Last Filling Station again and thenn to the last bar to say goodbye to Jan-jan and Rovessa.

Took a tricylce up to the bus station and caught the bus back to Cebu at 8am.
Slideshow Report as Spam



hope you had a good time - looking forward to see the 'whale-pics'
PS: had a great week, skiing in St.Anton

Add Comment

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html:

Table of Contents