Egypt's underwater gardens
Trip Start Jun 29, 2005
235Trip End Nov 30, 2009
Show trip route
To access them see end of entry as finding distances and other information is quite difficult in Naama and online.
In general however the coral is pretty bad around Naama but despite this the fish still congregate. You have to go further afield like Ras Mohammed or the Tiran Straits for best diving results in the area. If all goes to plan you will see these in the near future.
To get to the gardens:
- Take no valuables and head to the eastern end of Naama Bay (passing the Hilton, Novotel and Marriot resorts as you approach the end).
- Still on the shoreline, walk through the last resort's beach and rock sunbathing areas until you find a fence barring your path. Change and kit up there.
- Swim across the first small bay to the jetty/pontoon you see in the distance (100m). There is some nice fish in the area. The pontoon is the on the edge of the Hyatt's property, but you can rest there.
- Around the pontoon is Near Garden. If you continue to the middle of the next bay (right in front of the Hyatt), that is Middle Garden - better clumped coral but not as much sea life.
- Continuing to the other end of the Hyatt bay you will find Far Garden. It's a 2-300 metre swim.
Next entry -> Aswan
Words from the Wise #97
"Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film."
Anonymous compliments of Nathan H.