Day 10 – Tangboche to Dingboche – Wow
Trip Start Mar 27, 2010
14Trip End Apr 13, 2010
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Where I stayed
Himalyan View Lodge
Tangboche 3870 m
Dingboche 4240 m
- Are you a nature views lover, you are in for a view treat today! Today was completely packed with the most amazing views of the trip. The sceneary had completely changed to barran lands free from almost any vegetation.
- You will be walking next to the Dudkosi river, the views get better by the minute, you would want to capture everything in the camera
- I stopped for breakfast in the Holiday Inn in the upper Pangboche village. Managed to get myself an omlett and mint tea with in NRS 200.
- Today was a shorter day, i reached shelter in Dingboche by 2:00pm.
- I could feel the altitude of 4300 m, and tried to consume as much water as i possibly could. I had to march to the wash room several times at night J
Accommodation in Dingboche – Himalyan View Lodge
- Wonderful lodge, great set up, Zero hospitality!
- Historic stay with the room rent @ NRS 25. Had lots of soup, tea and carbohydreates, managed to keep my bill @ NRS 585.
- I met a Brazilian group at the lodge, who were decending after their treak to the everest base camp. The camp guide had trek to the everest in the year 2001. He was guiding Brazilian tours to the base camp ever since then.
I performed this trek for a fundraising initiative to help Indian Children break free from the cycle of poverty. You can read more details about the same here www.justgiving.com/Tarun-Arora-Trekking-Everest-Fundraising. I urge you to contribute to this initiative if you feel inspired or if this travelogue proves of any help to you.