Trip Start Apr 29, 2008
26Trip End Jul 02, 2008
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Where I stayed
1) Watching small fishing boats ride on top of waves back onto the beach. The beach had a steep grade, and a massive break, so the boats literally had to surf the waves onto the beach. We walked by one of the boats after it beached, and much to our dismay noticed them cutting apart a hammerhead shark on the beach. I guess that was their catch of the day.
2) Bailey, the slightly annoying but good guy from Montana. I can still hear this guys non stop voice in my head whenever I think about him. I remember him talking about his hometown of Whitefish every sentence.
3) The dogs running and playing with each other on the beach in the sunset
4) Cute little Nicaraguan kids hawking shell necklaces on the beach....with a smile!
5) My attempted boogie boarding, and near drowning due to some big waves at the beach. I actually had the boards leash rip right off of my wrist, and I got tossed under the water and scraped my back up on all of the shells in the sand. Scary!
6) Pelicans, and more Pelicans. Every 2 or 3 minutes, another group of a couple dozen Pelicans would fly by. It was really neat
7) Being up allllllllll night running to the toilet due to some food poisoning. Man was that ever rough. Almost coming out both ends! And the bumpy bus ride the next morning was terrible too, I felt so rough. Brutal!
Lots of memories for only being there for 3 days, but it was memorable. The sunsets were what I remember the most out of all those things though. Look at some pictures.