Soaking up the sun along the Algarve
Trip Start Sep 03, 2003
77Trip End Ongoing
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
I have to say the Algarve, located on the south coast of Portugal, was a great place to take a relaxing-do nothing holiday. Definitely a good choice we made! Apart from heaps of R&R and sun to re-tan myself, we also had the opportunity to attend a music festival featuring The Black Eyed Peas!!
I would say my photos could probably paint a nice picture of our time along the Algarve but here are some tid bits for some amusing read:
* We did have a worrying moment when we arrived at our hostel late at night on the first night
* There being hardly any asians holidaying in the area, we found ourselves to be easily recognisable by the locals. In some ways, it made it convenient for us, for example, when we bought a return trip on toy trains, we didn't have to show the driver our ticket when we got back on the train as we would be the only 2 asian girls getting back on.
* Continuing on about being asian, we were surprised to find numerous chinese restaurants around the area. Of course, I had to continue that travelling tradition of mine to try one of those chinese restaurants..hmmm..maybe I could write a book reviewing chinese restaurants around the world!
* All the beaches we stepped foot on were beautiful and I have to highly recommend the last beach we visited on the island of Tavira. You only have to see the photos to agree!
* All the accomodations we stayed at were comfortable enough but there was an incident with one in which when it was time for me to have a shower, the water came pouring out not from the shower head but from one section of the ceiling in the bedroom! Next minute I knew, Sarah was banging on the bathroom door shouting that the roof was leaking hot water. No wonder no water was coming out of the shower head!