Eungella National Park
Trip Start Sep 02, 2007
326Trip End May 13, 2009
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
1st the 3 bits of bad luck.....
1. Locking the keys in the van in a very remote village.
2. Falling down the side of an embankment into very rugged rainforest.
3. Running past a very venemous snake.
But the 3 bits of goodnews....
1. Finding a guy next to the van who opened it with his housekeys (we later found out we can open it with a coke can ringpull! - what a safe van we drive).
2. Sliding down the embankment but somehow skidding down on my feet and bouncing with my hands a few times - no mud on my boardies!!
3. Although the snake lashed out - no contact was made phew!!
This was all before the national park!
Eungella National Park is lovely and the reason to come (other than take the lovely walking paths in the most southerly rainforest in Aus) is to see the Duck Billed Plattapus.
The Plattapus is nice but not all that enthrawling but im glad I made the effort - guess I wont be seeing one of those again in a hurry! They are tiny and a cross between a duck and a beaver and they are kind of cool but I prefered watching the turtles - much more entertaining!!
So after a while of spotting I took the .5km walk to pitch my tent and then bedded down for the night - not knowing I would have roosters crowing, turkeys scratching for food around my tent and wallabies tripping over my guideropes - this coupled with the fact there were French Canadian girls being really loud I didnt get much sleep!
So now, Im up - I'm plattapused out and its time for Mckay again - we really should run out of fuel now!