Getting Lucky in Troncones
Trip Start Feb 02, 2010
119Trip End Ongoing
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Where I stayed
Best Camping Spot in the World
Miles Per Gallon: 19.7
We found the best spot to camp on Earth in Troncones. We tried to think of what would make the spot better, but couldn't come up with anything.
- in between 2 beautiful beaches with decent surf breaks
- in the shade next to a really sweet tree (also great for hanging hammocks)
- on dirt (means not getting stuck in the sand)
- next to a lagoon with crocodiles (means no pesky rodents)
- Rent-a-Dog center in town
- in a overall small beach town with all the amenities
- best of all, FREE
Unfortunately we've become in a relative rush to get down south into Central America (because we need to budget our time and money so that we can actually get to Panama), so we only spent one night here. We've bookmarked this spot though, for future adventures!