Day 62, Argentina: Salta, Welcome to Argentina
Trip Start May 31, 2010
32Trip End Aug 26, 2010
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Where I stayed
- The country of the popular dance form ‘Tango’
- The 8th biggest country in the world. The other 7 countries being Canada, Russia, China, U.S, Australia, Brazil and India
- The country with the hottest and coldest temperatures ever recorded in South America
- The country where Ernesto Che Guevara was born in 1928 and received a medical degree from the university of Buneos Aires in 1953
- The country of the popular Evita, name of the famous movie, starring Madonna and Antonia Banderas in 1996
Northern Argentina around Salta is part of a colorful, wind-sculpted, montane desert traversed by green river valleys. All of this made a leisurely drive through the valleys an unforgettable experience.