Haggling in the Bazaars
Trip Start Feb 01, 2008
34Trip End May 20, 2008
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Our five final thoughts on Turkey would have to be summed up as follows:
1. Without a doubt our first thought is Turkish hospitality! Everyone has been incredibly friendly and helpful.
2. Food! We knew it would be great but it is beyond great! Our mouths will water for cheesy butter on hot flat bread and doner kebaps for years to come. All the food has been stellar!
3. Ground transportation: Getting around was quite straight forward
4. Everyone told us to beware of the relentless touts and the scams and the carpet salesmen, but we found that a few jokes and a firm "hayir, tesekkur ederiz" worked well.
5. Again, turkish hospitality...the Turks may well rank up there with some of the friendliest and most helpful people we have been hosted by world-wide.
Turkey has been a very rich and rewarding travel experience for us. We experienced amazing acts of kindness right across the country. The families in the small guesthouses in which we stayed were awesome. And of course we would be remiss if we did not mention the couch surfing community and our hosts there...in England and in Turkey. Turkey has such an outstanding array of sites and kind people that we found one month was simply not enough!