Trip Start Nov 27, 2005
9Trip End Dec 08, 2005
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
There are innumerable places to learn about cruises and I did my crash course in www.cruisecritic.com that I highly recommend. In any case here are my tips.
- It moves. It does, really. I never get seasick, but be prepared.
- It squeaks: movement implies that moving parts make some noise. Bring earplugs.
- Inside cabins are great. The only time we spent in our cabin was sleeping. By the way, to all people complaining about the bathroom size: move to a Manhattan apartment. I thing the cabin's was larger.
- Pricing: Apparently if you book in advance directly with the company, and afterwards they lower the advertised price, the credit the difference to your onboard account. In our case Expedia offered the same rate than directly with NCL.
- Shore Excursions: Forget the Ship's excursions and book private tours with local guides: half de price, half the crowd, 100% local. To share expenses (they normally offer 8-10 people vans) contact other fellow passengers in the Roll Call section of Cruisecritic.