Day 91: Journey's End at In-N-Out
Trip Start May 20, 2008
77Trip End Aug 19, 2008
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
And on that note:
To whomever is still reading this, thank ya'll for reading.
---Quote of the Trip---
"Charlie-brother, you buy Cadbury? Me? Me Cadbury? Cadbury me? You buy? Camera? I play? Me?" - Sushaan
"ATTENTION: DONT SH!T HERE. ONLY FOR PISSING." - Painted across the wall of a leaky Indonesian bathroom.
---Top 5 Favorite Places---
1. Pepsikola & Duwakot, Nepal
2. Bukit Lawang, Sumatra (Indonesia)
3. Saigon/HCMC, Vietnam
4. Ko Phi Phi, Thailand
5. Bali, Indonesia
Honorable mention: Siem Reap, Cambodia
---Places That Can Go Frak Themselves---
1. Thamel District, Kathmandu
2. Sunrise Beach, Ko Pha-Ngan
1. Silom District, Bangkok
---Where I'm Gonna Pack-up and Move to Someday---
Indonesia. (and of course Nepal)
Special, Very Belated Shoutouts to:
- Mai VSN peeps! For being such awesome co-peeps! It was an honor serving with all of you.
- To Jeff for letting me throw coconut candies at him & for being a noble travel buddy.
- To Dan for the suitcase. (told you I'd bring it back!)
Random fond memories in no order:
- Fight w/evil gibbon
- Crusing up Mt Bromo on the back of a motorbike, looking up at the stars
- Any "Dave Moment" at OCRC
- Moped drives in Bali
- Abdul crooning "Hotel California" in Bukit Lawang
- Martinis in Thamel
- Norman's beard
- Lindsey: "No, I can't accept this kitten!"
- Watchin the scooters swarm by in Saigon
- Seeing a wild orangutan for the first time
- The first hour in Singapore after Nepal, developed world culture shock
- Sushaan hijacking and possibly crippling my camera
- Laxmi Didi, and anything she did
- Everest beers in The Hut
Very Special, Even Though They Won't Read It, Shoutout to:
My Nepali family. For letting me become part of the family, letting me into their home, providing and sacrificing for me, and for existing. You are all amazing people, and an inspiration. Keep up the good work.