Trip Start Aug 21, 2007
9Trip End Jan 21, 2008
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
I began school this week. I am taking six courses which totals 38 European Credits (almost 18 home credits). The classes are Business Ethics, Business Performance Tools, Business to Business Marketing, International Marketing, Public Relations and Public Affairs, and Dutch Language, Culture, and Society. I have each class once a week (except business performance tools) for three hours at a time. My favorite class is Business Ethics, hands down. It was the one class I was really dreading, I arrived in class and fell in love with it. There are three professors for twenty students. The odds of doing well are quite low, but I am excited for the challenge. They told us that 40% of the students in my class would drop by the end of week 2 and of the remaining 60% only half of those students would understand and succeed in the class. The class is based on asking questions
This week I have not done a whole lot besides homework, hang out around our flats (I have been spending time with people from here), grocery shopping/ running errands, and playing guitar. Luke let me borrow his acoustic guitar while I am here and I have been practicing every day. I am improving! I have learned a few new songs since I got it and learn more every time. It is nice to have it around. I also found that guitars draw people towards you. It is really funny to watch. I just had the guitar leaning up against my wall in the back of my room and two people walked by my window and saw it...they came back and asked me if I played and wanted to hear. I didn't play for them because I said I wasn't very good, but I did tell them I would once I got better. It was really funny. It happens a lot. I miss playing the piano.
My room is beginning to feel more like home. I put some of the cards I received when I left on the wall and I also bought a flower. I bought a light purple/ pink orchid. It is beautiful. I painted some flowers and writing on my walls as well. It is really nice for this place to feel more friendly. I am going to have all my friends put their hand prints on my wall and sign notes under each as well. J It will be fun!
I am experience many difference cultures as well as languages. For example I am learning bits and pieces of Russian, Hebrew, Dutch, German, and Turkish. It is a lot to remember, but it is very interesting!
Well...I am sick again. I keep getting sick here and cannot figure out why. Maybe all of it is connected and some days are just worse than others, I don't really know. It really stinks. I really want to be at home right now. I miss my family and I miss my friends. I am really glad I get to keep in touch pretty well with them.
Well, I have a lot of homework on my plate, so I best get to that. Thanks for reading! I will update again next week!