See you on the other side!
Trip Start Sep 09, 2004
394Trip End Ongoing
Show trip route
To bring things up to date and log the events, I'll try (in true last minute style) to list the highlights.
In the last ten days...
- Enjoyed a brief 'works do' which got cut short as I had to work (!)
- Saw Kev and Millsy off with a few beers before they left for England (*see update)
- Passed my driving test after discovering that overseas licences are invalid when you've been in the country for over a year
- Spent sixty bucks on an extravagant meal that filled my big toe but was worth every penny
- Bled the brakes on the van before taking it back for a WOF re-test, only to find that I was a day late and had to arrange a complete new WOF test and pay AGAIN for it (you get 28 days to make the repairs not a month!)
- Witnessed and endured countless episodes of alcohol fuelled behaviour, in exchange for a wage packet
- Received an exciting Christmas parcel
- Sat back and watched the house tension peak:- Ricky has now moved out (on to Big Rob's floor, next to Big Rob's bed which gets played daily like a musical instrument.) Shelley's since spent a lot of time in her room
- Stood at our balcony window in complete shock as I watched a ferocious electric thunderstorm pound the lake while Jez jumped up and down excitedly in his boxers (it was his day off...)
It all passes the time.
So I guess this is my chance to wish you all a blinding Christmas and a fun-packed New Year. Enjoy it like it's your last and make it count cos' we don't actually get that many. If I call it'll be before or after Christmas as I won't have any mobile signal up in the hills. We're going camping for Christmas, up at Moke Lake. You know the sort of thing:- Footy, Frisbee, swimming in the lake, barbecue, loadsa food, plenty of cold ones, plenty of laughs, guitars by the camp fire to sooth the soul and send you sleepy. Oh and some of us have chipped in and got hold of an 80 pint keg of Export Gold which should start the ball rolling nicely. Another topsy-turvy Christmas in the Southern Hemisphere - heaven!
Quick Note for Micky:- You're a diamond Micks. When I see you I'm gonna give you a bear hug. You've made my Christmas out of plain old simplicity. Walkers 'cheese & onion', how did you remember? Have a blinder my sweet. Bless ya!
So it's Merry Christmas from Queenstown. I guess I'll catch you in the 'wild and wonderful 2006', where the adventures shift in to second gear and life blooms to the max. What a wonderful world!