Lisbon - City of Culture
Trip Start Feb 12, 2009
50Trip End Jul 2009
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Where I stayed
yes they were very good (better than dimsum egg tarts). We also made a day trip to Sintra which is a 45 minute train ride outside of Lisbon.
We also met some really cool people here. Liza and Curtis, another Canadian backpacking couple, gave us some great tips (thank you!) and Keiichi Ichikawa told us some fun stories from his travels biking around the world for the last 7 years (www.feel-the-earth.com).
Overall, we give Portugal a big 2 thumbs up!!
- Aquarium - I learned a lot!
- Belem Egg Tarts
- Fado performance - I'm now a big fan of Vania Conder!
- Castle in Sintra....the 1.5 hr hike up the mountain was worth seeing the view!
- Standing room only fado show
- Aquarium with the Sun Fish
- Margot the Brazilian pension lady
- Dinner with the Kei - the travelling cyclist
Next stop: Sagres, Portugal for some surf time!