4 girls and a boy and Lighthouse goose bumps!

Trip Start Dec 07, 2010
Trip End Jun 24, 2011

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
ocean sparkle

Flag of India  , Kerala,
Monday, December 27, 2010

Today we went to the pool and "walked" on the water.The pictures Mum took were just in time to make it seem as if you were actually walking on water. Dad and Jon went on their walk to the Neyyar Dam up in the mountains in the Western Ghats. There are 3 rivers that meet so a dam had to be made here so that the valley won't flood. Dad & Jon are back on the 28th. That evening us 4 girls and and Dan went to Sea bee, a restaurant on the sea front with yummy food to have some dinner and then went back to the house.

The next day we went to the beach in the , we collected crabs,sea slugs,scurrier bugs and sea snails.

After that we stopped at a restaurant called "The German bakery" to have chocolate cake! Then mum and Aunty Jill took us to the lighthouse situated on the beach. It was called Vizhinjam. We climbed to the top of the lighthouse up LOTS of steps. It was scary climbing up what felt like the tallest building in the world and there was a steep ladder on the end. WE had to wait for some other visitors to come down and a man in a sarong didn't realise he was flashing his pants at us! His wife was very embarrassed! It was scary going around the top but what was even more scary was looking down over the edge!! I couldn't keep the goose bumps back any longer than 10 seconds!

After climbing back down what felt like a 2nd heart attack type climb session, Dan, Scarlett and I had to go back and do some school work! Boo! There was a power cut while we were doing this but we still  had to carry on working by candle-light!! Double boo!! Mum and Aunty Jill promised that if we worked hard we could have henna tattoos. So when we were done we went over to the henna shop and I had a turtle tattoo, Daniel had a cobra tattoo and Scarlett had a dolphin. Even Aunty Jill had one done! This was all done by candle-light as there was another power cut while we were at the shop so it took ages! We were all starving and nearly crying by the time we got to dinner. A quick ice-cream before going back to the villa cheered us all up.
Slideshow Report as Spam

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: