Train Trip to Venice
Trip Start May 02, 2008
28Trip End May 31, 2008
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Where I stayed
- the train from Chamonix to Northern Italy runs along the side of the alps, often hundreds of metres from the river gorge at the bottom and the views are absolutely breathtaking. This is the most scenic train trip we've ever taken! The train also passes through about 100 cute little mountain villages - makes you feel like yodelling or singing songs from the Sound of Music!
- the photos are pretty average since it was pretty cloudy plus we were taking them from the inside of a moving train ... but in real life, the views were absolutely stunning
- 6 train changes but we managed to get on the right train each time (Sherry is very organised!)
- arrived in Venice at about 8.30pm and wheeled our cases in the rain through the streets (alleys) of Venice ... there are no cars! Fortunately it's a small place so it doesn't take long ... unfortunately, every bridge has stairs and that's not a lot of fun with heavy cases - but hey, we're in Venice!
- So pretty, even in the rain and the dark. What an amazing place! Looking forward to exploring it tomorrow.