2 CV Tour
Trip Start May 02, 2008
28Trip End May 31, 2008
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Where I stayed
- Tried to pick up tickets for Chamonix only to find we had the wrong credit card! What a waste of 3 hours!
- Only just made it back in time for our tour @ 2pm (literally arrived 10 seconds before our tour car did!)
- Really cool 4hr personalised tour with just us and Sebastian, a Paris local, born & bred here. Excellent!
- He was very smooth and managed to charm his way past 2 sets of Police blockades (they shut the streets off since it was a public holiday)
- All over Paris including: Sacre Coure (again), Ritz (where Diana stayed before she died), Opera House, Louvre, the oldest church in Paris, a wall dating back to 200AD, an arena where they used to have gladiators (but now play soccer), Moulin Rouge, a private garden, the Marais, Bastille, Notre Dame, a canal that goes under the city, Pantheon, Les Invalides, the Trocadero, and of course the Eiffel Tower
- We much prefer this type of tour over large bus-load tours & so much easier to take photos
- Rested for a while to take some photos and eat our patisserie cakes: so nice! We will definitely have excess baggage when we go back ... around our waistlines!
- Off to Eiffel Tower to take night photos: nice short queue but can't go up to the very top
- Stopped at Diana's memorial (well, it might as well be!) Graffitti everywhere with tributes to her. Very moving.