And the winner is...
Trip Start Aug 08, 2006
33Trip End Oct 08, 2006
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
After a lot of days with good weather, the return to Amsterdam brought back some of my initial bad luck, with a lot of rain and fully-booked hotels although the high season was over.
Didn't matter much, this day was only the start of the comeback, I spent it just buying the stuff I hadn't bought before (mostly boardgames and music) and sleeping, as the journey from Algemesí was straining.
And here is the ranking for my favorite places:
- First of all Lapland, for the silent, peaceful beauty and the heart-shattering power.
- In second place Catalunya, for feeling (almost) like home, and for the excellent surprise.
- In third the Norwegian fjords, for the awe-inspiring natural wonder.
- In fourth comes Tallinn, for the ancient feel that still lingers all around the old town.
- In fifth Tampere, for the wonderful museums, the completely different churches and the small town feel in a (not so) large city.
- Running up behind comes Praha, which might even be the most beautiful, but is severely hurt by the ultra-heavy tourism.
(This travelog is not over yet!)