Reflection, Relaxation and Recovery (Rach)
Trip Start Apr 18, 2010
39Trip End Jul 25, 2010
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Where I stayed
Some of my past weeks highlights include:
- making myself extremely happy by heading to the 'Fake' markets and spending way way too much money on myself
- actually feeling like a women again, all clean and looking great with some new gears on.
- indulging in some amazing Thai food, accompanied by even better red wine with fellow traveler Rob from the land of the dutch in the beautiful French Concession suburb of Shanghai
- having a huge huge very drunken night out watching the Fifa football final at O'Malleys Irish pub with a huge huge crowd of very patriotic orange dressed Dutchies and a few red Spaniards
- riding the Malgav high speed magnetic rail train from the airport (400km + )
- the view of the sky scrapers on The Bund
- taking a little two hour bus trip to the beautiful canal village of Luzhi for an overnight adventure
- treating oneself to an amazing amazing 'luxury room' in hostel that even had a claw footed bath!
- indulging in delicious delicious sushi, fresh salads followed by cheese cake and black forest cake from the very upmarket western styled supermarket/deli I located under a shopping mall.
- collecting my passport and new visa
Tuesday July 13th
Passport in hand, bag packed (which is a lot heavier than before - I wonder why that could be... :) ) and I'm off to navigate the subway to the Shanghai South Rail station to hopefully find a train to take me to my next stop the lake town of Hangzhou.