McMuffin and Coffee $5 Deal The Highlight
Trip Start Sep 05, 2010
360Trip End Aug 21, 2011
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Where I stayed
Danevirke Holiday Park
- We left the campsite at Eketahuna early, some guy had rocked up at 7:30 am to shout into the tent "camp fees". He could have been anyone but we presumed he was the campsite manager so we chucked a few dollars out through the front zip.
· We cycled 30 miles to Woodville, stopping one for snacks and waving at a convoy of classic cars out for their Saturday jolly. The 30 miles were dull and grey.
· In Woodville we had a lovely chat with the very friendly i-Site lady. There were lots of motor bikers in leathers hanging around revving their engines, bless them, back to the office in a shirt and tie on Monday morning
· All day was into a head wind so the last 15 miles to Dannevirke finished us off. It was raining and although we have now left ourselves a very long day tomorrow (78 miles will be quite a struggle in New Zealand into this wind), we called it a day. The $5 Coffee and Muffin deal in McCafe was possibly the highlight of the day. YEP, that good!
· The campground at Dannevirke is pretty wacky again. No one around but it does come complete with aviary. Polly has said that she wants to get a little bird when we get home, I told her one bird in my life is enough.
So here we are, typing and reading away in another camp kitchen. We have received an email back from Graeme that he would love us to stay with him tomorrow night. We met Graeme and Robyn in Istanbul, they are a wonderful couple who had been cycling around Eastern Europe. We have cycled about 11,000 km since then so we will have lots to catch up on.
Miles Cycled: 45 and that probably leaves far too many to do tomorrow