All I want for Xmas... is a baby sea lion
Trip Start Aug 26, 2009
26Trip End Mar 01, 2010
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Where I stayed
On the Galaxy!
This blog could go into a lot of detail but were sure we would loose you after the 1st page (if not already) so in true work reporting format here are bullet point highlights (some of which we managed to capture with the camera):
- walking through a sea lion colony and seeing a mother start to give birth
- playing with a baby sea lion in the sea with him / her mimicking our less then graceful turns / dives and spins - then coming up to our masks and eye balling each other so our noses were actually touching
- swimming with a grazing turtle and then a penguin turning up trying to catch fish - amazing how fast he was and how slow the turtle was
- watching a blue footed boobie do its courting dance and it then paying off......
- being able to say boobie all the time
- watching a flock of rays swim past whilst snorkeling and not thinking about Steve Irwin
- seeing one of the sea lions chase a Japanese Tourist who tried to get too close
Even with a few sleepless nights due to rough seas (one night everything fell out of the cupboard and you could hear things crashing round the boat) this was an awesome experience and one that I hope none of you do so we can bore you time and time again with our pictures and stories. Will try and upload some movie clips later too.