The first few Months of London
Trip Start Apr 14, 2007
1Trip End Ongoing
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
So where to start, in short I dont know so here goes.
Came here after Ireland and stayed with Lucy's mates from Uni Neal and Helena (BCC people you may know them!). Was great to be staying with them and they took us around a few places like Buckingham Palace, Leicester Square, Piccadilly Circus, Covent Garden, Greenwich and I am sure I have left out a few places no doubt
Oh, I lost count of how many times I have been to the Walkabout (aussie pub for those who dont know) a long time ago and sadly, I have never had a bad night.... I watched the world cup cricket there, and the last two State of Origins. Which by the way, GO QUEENSLANDER!!!! We are going 3 Nil!!!
The first friday I was here there was 5 great mates from home to have beers with me in Covent Garden. Tough life.
So in short I bascially tried to keep low until I got a job while ocassionally heading out to let off some steam.
Now getting a job, made me tear my hair out. I had a few interviews which went really well. Sadly they decided both times to take someone with less experience than me, even though they had no UK experience. Just hurt cause I could just see my dollars floating out the window almost by the second. I finally decided to get another recuritment consultant to help me out and I am lucky I did
Also, I am now living in Hammersmith which is inner west London. Love the spot as there are pubs, shops, tubes, great vibe, and a river to sit on and drink wine on a Sunday, or any day for that matter! Flat mates are great too so cant complain....
So I know this is meant to be a travel blog, but I havent been able to do too much cause I havent been earning pounds that much and I am almost out of money but that wont be for long.... have done a few other things around the place too like Windor Castle, Parliament House, British Museum, the Cutty sark, a club called FABRIC, too many pubs to count, Twickenam Stadium, the famous brick lane (great currys), coconut clapping for the world record monty python effort in Trafalgar square, St Pauls Cathedral (how fitting), Cheese rolling. Anyway you get the idea....
Oh you gotta love the summer here too! It is 10 at night and the sun is still in the distance and the sunny days are just perfect. Am enjoying it cause if it is this good now, man the winter is going to suck badly! :-)
So that is best a summary as I can do cause it would take me an eternity to write the past 3 months and I am sure you dont have the long an attention span, nor the time to read it.
So it has been a bit of a struggle on the money front but am almost on my feet and have a great job and great place
All is well so I have started planning some trips. Here is a taste of some of the future travel blogs coming to a computer near you soon!
- Heading to Exeter to catch up with my Pommy mate in his home town for some beers
- Joachim arrives next weekend so I naturally have a pub crawl lined up from Heathrow to the city which wont stop...
- Heading to Olso, Norway for a long weekend with Joachim to catch up with the scando crew that I havent seen in way too long!!! Cant wait!!!
- Heading to Amsterdam for a long weekend (by the way I get flex time in case you were wondering)
- Heading to Croatia for 10 days on a sailing trip along the coast. This will be conducted with my mate Josh from high school and he is, um, a party animal so good times ahead
- Heading to a beach somewhere in europe before the sun runs out!
- Octoberfest in Munich, oh yeah!!!
- possibly a mates wedding in Toronto Canada
Dec, Jan, Feb
- going to try and score a ticket to the cayman islands to see my mate from Uni Jytoi
- At this stage I will be getting a visit in London from my Mum and my little sister and then heading to Scandinavia
Whew, ok I am going to go. Hope this finds everyone well and again sorry that not as much travel as the last few blogs but I promise I will make up for it!!!
Hope you enjoy the photos too!!!!