A Hotel with a View of the Giza Pyramid Complex
Trip Start Sep 19, 2010
33Trip End Oct 25, 2010
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Where I stayed
1. Got a cold yesterday not feeling so great this morning and had to pack.
2. Forgot to empty the safe before leaving Hurghada for Cairo and had to rush back from the airport to pick up my treasures, money and travel documents. We were flying. Guys were really good about it and I tipped them big.
2a) Airport security advised they were NOT allowing any batteries on the plane for the time being ( some kind of scare somewhere recently) and I could not take my scooter. I explained politely that it was special for travel and not liquid etc. but they would not budge and I nearly had heart failure until the supervisor came out and told them to let me on.
3. The driver and guide emptied the car and left my crutches in it and I was already through the boarding area when I realized it and low and behold they had not left the lot and the baggage guy waved them down and rushed out to get them.
4. Cold got worse on the flight and eye started to drip - stye I think
5. When we got to Cairo, jewellery I bought previously had a flaw and we had to stop and get it fixed. Think i paid to too much as the were far to nice and it was the recommendation of the guide.
6. Got to hotel and the room air-conditioning was not working. Engineer said it would take half hour to fix (an hour ago).
7. I tried contacting my insurance company to get a doctor approved and got the Royal run around - after half an hour of personal questions and some guy filling out a form and me sweating buckets because the engineer was still working on the air conditioning, he finally asked me my credit card number and I refused to give it to him so he said he could do nothing for me. I decided to call the hotel doctor who called me back immediately and should be showing up any minute which is why I am awake, anxious and need to be doing something.
8. I then called the travel company on Skype and they are contacting the insurance company and will call me back with an approval number.
It is only 6:00 p.m. but I have yet to have my lunch, let alone my supper and am afraid to eat until i see the doctor as I think there are other problems.
All in all the worst travel day of my life I think, although the Engineer just left and says the air conditioning is working. Now don't you all just want to join me???? There have been some marvelous days so not giving up by any means and I knew there would be one or two let this to test my metal so we sit and wait for the doctor. No pictures on this one.