Interesting observations to note.
Trip Start Jan 09, 2013
76Trip End Ongoing
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
1. Toilet paper is a luxury. Most public bathrooms don't have it. If you actually think about it, men don't wipe after peeing. They shake. Why do women wipe? It's not absolutely necessary. If paper is unavailable, well, I just make do.
By the way, I have found that flushing toilet paper is not allowed anywhere (at least not the islands I have been on). This has been quite challenging to get used to.
2. Public urination is a norm. Haven't seen a woman do it but men pee just about everywhere in public.
3. Roosters seem to be the top pet of choice, followed by cows, goats and dogs. Pretty much in that order. These animals are everywhere, and many are not leashed. They just roam around the house property. I'm amazed at how dogs don't stray away. I'm also amazed at how Filipinos get a decent sleep with their roosters EVERYWHERE. They are SO obnoxious and even after 3 weeks, I can't get a decent sleep!!
4. Even though there is an abundance of coconuts here, I can't ever seem to find coconut flavored juice or shakes. They have every other flavored shakes BUT coconut! Weird.
5. It is true what they say about old white men paired up with young Filipino teens! No matter which island I have been on, these couples are everywhere. It can be a bit disturbing, but who am I to judge what makes a relationship. I guess old men want company and some girls are willing to give it for the right price.
To be continued.