A week in Review
Trip Start Aug 22, 2010
5Trip End Ongoing
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Where I stayed
WOW! what a crazy week i have to say!! Medical school has been both amazing and stressful. I literally eat sleep and drink Histology right now. Its been extremly exciting however, learning all sorts of new things, meeting a TON of new people and trying to interact with the locals has been amazing. So if one were to come to Poland, specifcally Poznan, i have these tips to impart upon you.
1) Dog poop is not scooped, that means if you stepped in something that looks like Dog poop... You did
2) Wait for the Green walk arrows, between cars, trucks, Mopeds AND a Tram ( a train that goes through cities) that goes in the same lanes as the cars its best to just wait.
3) Dont Smile, people think you are up to something.. No really dont smile , haha :)
4) Bring an umbrella, this place rains 3-4 times a day ( not drizzle but Down Pour)
- no wonder why people here look so mad, you would too if you had to work outisde in the rain every day
5) TRY A ZAPIEKANKA
6)Exchange money at the Kantors not the Banks, trust me
7) Finally my last bit of advice for right now, try your polish before you use english they are willing to help you along, you just have to try
Furthermore about my week,
I have met people from all over the world, Israel, Nigeria, Tanzania, Britain, France and yes EVEN CANADA! haha, but yes it has been quite amazing meeting people from place ive only heard of or maybe not even heard of! ( i know this isnt all is proper grammar please be nice :) its been a loooong week) I took my first test and that went well! Furthermore, i have met most of the teachers i will have for the year, Like anywhere good and bad teachers, One of our teachers reminds me of albert einstein+ the mad hatter from alice in wonderland ( good teacher BUT he laughs after almost every sentence and he has einsteins mustache and hair) it makes for an interesting lecutre, we also had another professor who was younger and more "hip" if you will and really lectured wonderfully ( movies demonstrations etc) very engaging as well, The student rep is trying to get him to lecture more often.
OH MAN! i forgot to tell you! things over here are a little different what happens is the class votes for two reps who then meet with the teachers on behalf of the class to work out schedules ( tests days off etc) so that if class is a certain time or day we can try to move the schedule that was set up already to fit better with the students, its actually pretty nice! THe dorms are nice, very modern here is Aspirynka dom( my dorm) my roommate hasnt moved in yet so hopefully hell be chill. I have some pics attached for y'all to see! The food has been amazing as well! Perogies Zapiekankas kielbasa kebab! its all amazing. I have found a nice little restaurant that is a Matka a tata place ( mom and pop store) its cheap and the food is mind blowing! def a must try. I also had the good luck of trying some of the beverages here, the beer here is fantastic! my new favorite beer is called Lech, its a local beer and is very tasty. Well sadly i must end my week in review BUT look back for more because there is sure to be some more great stories! GOd bless everyone, Do widzenia!