The day that never really happened

Trip Start Sep 16, 2011
Trip End Nov 20, 2011

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
Ramada Plaza

Flag of United States  , Hawaii
Sunday, November 13, 2011

Well, the strangest of days today. We just could not get it together.

We wake up real tired, hungry and disorganised. But happy, so we are still winners.

We eat some cereal in the room out of paper cups because the hotel does not provide breakfast.  Another example of un-aloha.

Woody and I then spend the rest of the morning swimming.  We have a ball.  It is super hot and it feels fab to be outdoors.  A lady lets Elwood use her kickboard and he is delighted.  He swims for hours and looks shattered at the end.  He chats to people, and tries to get their attention and then starts showing off.  He is chatty and engaging and just a very happy chap.

We head back upstairs to see Noah and then we head out to get some lunch.  This is a hassle. All the streets are blocked, you cannot see anything or get anywhere easily.  One of the ladies we chatted to this morning said the beach was also blocked off and some hotels had their pool blocked off.  The whole town is pretty much impossible to get around.  There are police everywhere, even in boats on the water. 

So we take our meals back to our room, and munch our yummy Greek food in there.

I called loads of kindy's in all the places we might live.  I have learnt a lot but we have not found anywhere yet.  I have to find somewhere as Woody is quite looking forward to heading back to something like preschool.  I suspect he needs more mental stimulation than Noah and I can provide!

Whilst I was doing this, Woody went through his suitcase and tried on different outfits to see which made him look more like a hunter.  I believe the eventual winning hunter look was; pj bottoms, a cardigan, wellie boots, and the quilted throw from the bed done up with a hair band.  Woody was very happy with this and felt confident that this was an authentic hunter’s outfit.  I do not know any hunters, so I am not sure.  Either way, I refused to take him out in it.

We then watch some TV and I almost dozed off whilst trying to get Woody to sleep.  He does not sleep, not because he isn’t tired, but because he knows I am tired.  I should have given up and gone out, but I did not because I was too tired, I could not face the road blockages, and I wanted to get on the internet the second Woody was asleep so I could sort this preschool craziness.  Anyway, nothing constructive happened this afternoon.

Woody and I went out for dinner whilst Noah did some bits.  Elwood had mischief on his mind, but was very funny, and we both loved our dinner date.

When we got back home we read stories and played a bit and then Woody was asleep.

I looked at even more preschools and houses, and called some more places,  but no cigar.  Fingers crossed for tomorrow. 

Good night from Waikiki
Report as Spam

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: