FIVE day weekend!!! (Florida!)
Trip Start Oct 30, 2010
130Trip End Ongoing
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Tonight I'm booking a flight for Friday, returning Tuesday night. So freakin' happy. That extra day will give me just enough time for alone/family time, and then seeing friends.
Already making plans with everyone via Facebook ^_^
Good day today!!! (...Kate says my emotions are like a pendulum =( )
- Made a terribly awesome friend at work today (who I officially made a few weeks ago, but today we had more of an opportunity to chat/hang out and make after work plans)
- Celebrated Kate's new job after work today over happy hour margaritas (I got to pick the place since it was in her area -- and I've been asking for margaritas since I got up here)
- Got recognized by two bosses on a story idea and in finding breaking news WOOO
- and... I'm going home on Friday ^_^ rose colored glasses are on!
- oh and apparently... (this just in:)
"This friday... Around 2:30ish... I'll be engaged... Thought i'd let you know!!! :)"
Says my good friend Stephen :)
When I come back, I'll be a WOMAN. 25 years old. (Please continue reading so you know sarcasm.) Leigh and I have discussed in depth about this at work. She turned 25 two weeks ago and described to me how concerned she was about it ...which put thoughts into my own head. (I think with her intentions.)
We both agreed that when we were younger, we imagined ourselves getting married, or at least engaged, around 28. Married around 30. And then what do you do after you get married? You have kids
Leigh's crestfallen reaction next to me at work: "F*ck."
Neither of us want that. This is Leigh, who at least has a boyfriend (of several years), and myself who has been far from anything that serious ...just always.
I disagree for the most part with her thinking/concern here, but, it may still be an excuse for cheering our(single)selves on once I get back, with a home-made (it starts?) birthday cake and drinks. It's entirely because...
age is just a number, and at the moment, we're too busy being happy and perhaps too conceited to think seriously about anything else :p
Facebook comments to FL plans: