Cloudforest, butterflies and flowers
Trip Start Aug 31, 2007
12Trip End Jun 02, 2008
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Last weekend, myself, Sasha, Emma and Sunneva went to a town called Mindo that is in the middle of a cloudforest, different from the rainforest, to go camping... it was absolutely beautiful, and here are some things that i we learned along the way..
1) That vegetarian pizza in Mindo has green olives!
2) That cops in small towns are bored, arenīt all that bad, and dont necessarily want to question you or check your passport but simply play some pool, throw cockroaches at you and see if you want to play spin the bottle (which we did not do OF COURSE!!)
3) That butterflies like to eat mushy bananas
4) Whatever anyone says about how long of a walking distance it is to places always ask how long it is by camioneta ..
5) Always bring Ļjust in caseĻfood when camping...which coincides with #6..
6) in a cloudforest/rainforest or anywhere that has a word resembling moisture always bring dry wood and fuel..because the food you brought to cook on the fire may not happen exactly the way you wanted it to...
7) donīt be surprised to have ecuadorian families take pictures of you swimming/in your bikini i guess itīs pretty exciting.../awkward
8) the bat cave may be a bird cave...and duck when they come flying at you..all 30 of them..
9) always bring toilet paper with you everywhere you go...
10) bring enough money because there may not be a bank
11) rainjacket rainjacket rainjacket rainjacket rainjacket
12) always buy bus tickets ahead of time..
13) bring six beer bottles back.. you get 2 $ back..
all in all it was a wonderful trip..it was a beautiful beautiful town and amazing geography, plants, flowers (orchids mostly) waterfalls, and people.. hope you enjoy the pictures!
xoxo love me