Sightseeing in Ghent and Brugge
Trip Start Mar 10, 2014
7Trip End Mar 21, 2014
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
We rode north toward the sea.
First we went to Ghent and saw castles and an amazing Van Eyck painting Lamb of God in an old church. Here is info on the painting and info on the painter.
Then we went to Bruges, a quaint Medieval town with a Michelangelo statue and some of Jesus's blood in a church.
One of my student groups actually told me to visit this during their European Vacation project!
We had a nice day to explore and take a break from meetings
Official Questions for today (Schoology):
1. When did Belgium gain independence and from whom?
2. What was Belgium's position during WW2?
3. Who stole the Van Eyck painting and Michelangelo's Madonna and Child statue during WW2?
4. Who were instrumental in bringing them back to Belgium?
5. What movie was recently made about this situation?
AP class only also: Why was Strasbourg considered for EU capital instead of Brussels? What makes Strasbourg unique?