Adventures in Chitwan Nat Park
Trip Start Feb 12, 2008
36Trip End Jun 26, 2008
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
- All transportation
- All meals (which were excellent)
- 2 Nights accomodation at Parkland Hotel just at the edge of the National park
- A canoe ride in Chitwan National Park
- Visit to the elephant breeding centre
- Visit of a local tribes village
- Elephant riding + wild Rhino spotting
- Elephant bathing
- Birdwatching at 6.30AM (In retrospect I could have easily lived without seeing some wild peacocks... I would have rather slept in some more :)
So for $40 a day I was really impressed. The hotel was really great, awesome service and from your balcony you could see elephants! How great is that! Elephants have just moved up in my list of favourite animals.. they're so big but yet so gentle and peaceful.
Highlight of the trip - elephant riding and sitting around a bonfire with the staff from the hotel, singing nepali songs and sipping an icey Everest beer.
Anyways... that was it in short... I'll post some pictures when I get a chance. The internet is quite slow everywhere so even uploading small pictures becomes a bit of a mission.
Off to Pokhara next...