Gravel roads, scenic? Not so much.
Trip Start May 28, 2006
31Trip End Aug 21, 2006
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Start time: 12noon
End time: 9 PM
Overnight: Sõru Jahimeeste Puhkeküla, cute all-wood en-suite huts with own porch and coffee maker, a stone's throw from the ferry dock
- visit to the Haapsalu episcopal cathedral (not castle, read about the Livonian Confederation) and watching the disassembly of the stage from the previous night's concert
- 8km jaunt and ferry ride to Hiiumaa
- leisurely bike around Hiiumaa, with short visits to the only operating thatch roof church in Estonia with a lovely cemetery and supposedly scenic views of a long splint (?) of rocks extending into the sea (and then below, we are told) that we are not sure we actually saw
- the healthiest cows this side of Haapsalu (we had beef for dinner)
- beautiful views of the Sõru harbor at sunset and a yummy local dinner at the harbor cafe (thankfully open late)
- attempted laundry (of the sink variety), mental preparation for early ferry tomorrow