Orange NSW 2800 II
Trip Start May 18, 2004
39Trip End Jul 08, 2012
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Where I stayed
11. Gala Day Hockey Games: Hockey seems to be one of the popular sports in Australia, but not in Japan. I had never seen a hockey game live before I watched the games in Orange Hockey Centre. It was like a soccer played with a small ball and sticks and almost all the players were females.
12. National Tree Day: I took part in a National Tree Day event and enjoyed planting some trees. I hope they will grow up and become good fresh air providers, looking forward to coming back to the place and seeing them again in some decades.
13. NSW Bike Week, CSU/BUGS Bike Orienteering: The event held on September 23 in northern part of Orange
14. Food: There are very few Australian original food, but many different international food for immigrants are available in Australia. I would like to try food from different countries here so as to prepare for tasting authentic one in the countries someday.
15. Australian Birds: I have seen some beautiful wild birds in the neighbourhood and most of them are parrots. Australians are familiar with them and the birds may not be worth taking a picture of, but in my country (Japan), you have to go to a zoo or aviary to see them. In fact, I was not interested in birding while in Japan, but now I watch birds without realising it sometimes in Australia. It is a pity that I cannot take a good picture of the birds because I don't have a telescopic lens.
16. Diwali (The Festival of Light)
It is a Hindi festival held in Newman Park, but a lot of non-Hindi attended the festival. We watched Hindi dances and short movies. I hadn't expected this, but I saw some friends there and enjoyed talking with them. I enjoyed free hot dog as well.