Tuesday 18th (day 3)

Trip Start Jun 16, 2013
1
3
24
Trip End Jul 09, 2013


Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
shadow

Flag of New Zealand  , South Island,
Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Beautiful blue sky day today. Still cold though.

Have heard biggest snow fall in 20 years is forecast Thursday, lucky us. Wanted to see snow but not that much! Max temp 4 degrees !

Trying to work out where to go as likely roads will be cut, and / or we will get snowed in somewhere.

Have lost the new wireless Internet device, god knows where, looks like another $99 as we need Internet to keep track of weather reports and keep all you guys informed of our progress! Plus kids can't live without Facebook or Instagram.

Ended up deciding to chance it and head down south before the weather sets in as the roads will be impassable most likely once the weather arrives.

Currently at Hampton near Motuaka (don't ask me if that is spelt right). Near the Moeraki boulders. We are in a camper park with few others (no-one crazy enough to camp in this cold weather maybe). We are backed up to the river which is flowing healthily. It actually flooded in the last couple of days as the toilets and water is unavailable, glad we have one in the van (although that poses other challenges!). The river also meets the ocean about 50m metres away so a really pretty place.

Will get some pics tomorrow and upload.

Nighty night.
Slideshow Report as Spam

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: