Trip Start Aug 24, 2009
27Trip End Dec 15, 2010
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
- Watched Christmas Vacation. An annual event. A must. I know every line. "You taught me everything I know about exterior illumination." Gets me every bloody time.
- Went Christmas Eve shopping at JiangHan Road, along with about a quarter of a million others
- We went to the school Christmas party, put on ridiculous Santa hats and handed out candy to the kids. It was quick and painless for everyone but Sandy, who had to dress up as "Father Christmas".
- I taught a lesson about Christmas... eight times in 2 days. That more or less dried up my holiday cheer.
That's about it. Point form:
- We're on holidays as of January 23rdish. For now it looks like we're off to Laos and southwest China, although this is subject to change. If you're going to be in that neck of the woods during the month of February, feel free to let us know.
- Aside from the ever-so excessive parcels from Canada (thank you/xie xie), the only presents we received were from the school - two days off, dinner at a dizzying revolving buffet on the 28th floor of the local Ramada, and long undies! The best long underwear I've ever had. It's a full suit! Sadly, it isn't a one-piece
- The NFL regular season is almost over. This is always a sad time of the year. This year in particular, as I haven't watched a single game or won any money whatsoever. I probably won't be able to watch any playoff games or the Superbowl, either. It's hard to believe that we've been gone for an entire NFL regular season. Somehow that makes it feel like we've been gone a very long time.
- Superbowl predictions are a bad idea: Mike: San Diego over Philadelphia. I'm more or less offended by Indianapolis failing to go for the perfect season. It makes no sense to me and it shouldn't be commended in any way. They've rested their starters before... and then lost their first playoff game. I hope it happens again. I don't know who to pick in the NFC so I'm going with the Eagles, although it could be anyone. I really don't care, either - as long as it isn't the Vikings.
Jill: Pittsburgh over Philadelphia (even though the Steelers haven't even officially made the playoffs yet. A technicality).
We'll do our best to post some updates from the road while we're on holidays. Aside from that, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and whatnot.
Mike and Jill