Every Picture Tells a Story (The Taki Effect!!)

Trip Start Jan 17, 2011
Trip End Dec 16, 2011

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Fiji  , Viti Levu,
Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The next day we hired a car and took a drive out to Suva. We parked up and had a wander but to be honest it was just another big city.  The drive there was nice though, and the scenery was gorgeous with lots of green and mountains.  As we were wandering, a local guy started chatting to us and it turned out he was the uncle of one of the guys at Mango.  We asked him where to get beer t-shirts and he took us to a shop to get one.  We also picked up the obligatory fridge magnets whilst we were there.  We got a little lost coming out of Suva but we found our way eventually and headed back.  We drove back to Mango but the weather really turned, it was raining and really windy!!  We decided to get our butts in to gear and so booked our first night's accommodation in Hawaii and got almost packed, and then we grabbed a shower before going to our last Kava ceremony.  Mick was even the chief as it was our last one!!  We then had dinner with a whole load of others and sat having a few beers before bed.  As the next day was our last day, Danny (the owner of Mango) asked us if we fancied a night out in Suva.  Turned out there was a new beer being launched and he was invited.  Never one to turn down an invite we said we’d go and so after our last day in the sun we got ready and met Danny at 5.00.  We knew it was going to be a big night when the van filled up with Me, Mick, Danny, Nas, Kat, Rachel, Luke, Bethany Ben and Troy and a giant cool box full of beer.  The first one got cracked open before we’d even got to the main road!!  We had a few beers on the way to Suva, stopping off for more on the way as we ran out, and for a toilet break at the police station!!!!!!! When we arrived in Suva, Danny explained he had got us all in as VIP’s so we got a free t-shirt and free beer and snacks until 8.30!!  A lot of the night is a bit of a blur so I will try to put up lots of photos, but until then, here are some of the highlights:

Using the toilet in the police station in exchange for a couple of beers!!

Getting my beer filled up for free by our bodyguard Ben, even after only a couple of mouthfuls.

Random dancing and photo posing.

Pole dancing (especially Mick and Danny)

Meeting two of the biggest Fijian guys I have ever seen, and then having my toe stepped on by one of them!!

Having my photo taken with a policeman whilst a fight was in progress 5 metres behind us!!

Grabbing a late night McDonalds!!

Asking the policeman (whilst he was breathalysing our taxi driver) if we could all have a go to see who was the most over the limit!!

All in all though it was a fab and hilarious evening and it hardly cost us a penny, awesome!!

Surprisingly we felt quite good the next morning so we grabbed breakfast and finished packing before checking out at 10.00.  We caught up with everyone from last night and shared the photos and filled Alex in on what he had missed before saying our goodbyes to everyone and heading off to catch the bus.  Was actually really gutted to be leaving as we made some really good friends there and had such a good time.  Hey ho, a good reason to go back some time!!  The bus eventually came and we arrived at the airport in good time.  We checked in and went through to departures where we had our last Fiji beer before getting on the plane to Hawaii and leaving our beloved Fiji behind xx 
Slideshow Report as Spam

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: