Trip Start Jun 09, 2005
36Trip End ??? ??, 2006
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Rather than send you to sleep you with a 'first we went here, and then we went to ..........' kind of entry, I thought I'd give you my Top Five best and worst and things about life in London
TOP FIVE BEST THINGS
1. Fresh rasberries and blueberrys with vanilla icecream (with REAL vanilla pods!)Yummmm. Come on, you knew there had to be something about food in there.
2. Music - I know Mick would want this in here. We haven't had a chance to get out there and see too much yet, but in the next month we have John Spencer Blues explosion, Mud honey, Steve Malkamus ( not sure of spelling), and a heap of other amazing bands that I can't remember just now.
3. No more weekends spent sitting on the couch in front of the telly saying 'I'm bored'. I don't think you could ever run out of things to do here. If we do, you can always jump on a plane and head to another country for the weekend. Unbeleivable!
4. The markets. You can get just about anything and everything any day of the week. From retro clothes galore, to food, and ye olde antiques. Heaps of fun!
TOP FIVE WORST THINGS (Not including the obvious - ie. weather)
1. British obsession with famous wannabes (mainly reality TV Stars)and anything with big tits in general. I thought Australia was bad!The first twenty pages of any magazine (and most of the newspapers) are taken up with this week's celebrity boob jobs.
2. Endless Auction, Ye Olde Antiquey type shows and reality TV shows. Help!
3. Brittish Beef! It is truly atrocious. Chewy, stringy and totally lacking all taste whatsoever. We keep trying, but I'm not sure it is going to get any better. While I'm at it, English breakfasts are the greasiest, most heart-attack inducing meal I have ever seen. And they all seem to have it every morning. Ughhh.
5. Having to work. Not that the Poms do much work - none at all really. Even the simplest tasks like going to the bank, or going shopping take ten times as long. Hurry Up!
I'm sure there are plently of other things, but that should give you a taste. Hope everyone is well.
Better go, this crazy woman beside me has just told me to keep the noise down! Old bat!