Freezin my ass off in the Cameron highlands

Trip Start Sep 13, 2006
Trip End May 08, 2008

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Malaysia  ,
Saturday, January 13, 2007

Left KL with Dave from Scotland on a VIP bus heading for Tana Rata in the Cameron Highlands which are just north of KL. It does'nt look that far on the map but it took about 5 hours to get there on the slow mountain roads. When we got out of the bus in Tana Rata the cold hit me and it was fuckin freezin and raining. I hadnt felt cold weather like this since about last April. So i wasnt exactly impressed here as i rumaged through my bag for my long sleeved t-shirt and jacket. On the bright side i was finally geting to wear the jacket that i had been carring with me the last 4 months. Some friends of mine had recommended me a hostel called Daniel's place so myself and Dave headed for there.
Tana Rata is a much bigger town than i expected and its at a pretty high altitude hence the cold which i guess i never expected for tropical Malaysia. My first evening consisted of eating a shed load of Indian food which was great and checked out the jungle bar back at the hostel.
Up the following day and we headed off on a hike to a waterfall which was really nice but on the way back it pissed down with rain and i got drenched. I was like a drowned rat by the time i got back to the hostel... but with the weather so cold and damp its impossible to dry anything at all...not good.  Some more trekkin was in store the next day and we took on a slightly longer trek stopping at a look out tower to take in some great views over the town and mountains... It is rainy season at the moment so it pissed rain again but you just enjoy it and get on with it. We met alot of people in the hostel and a few of us went out on our last nite for Indian food and hit the jungle bar back at the hostel which is cool. They light a bonfire there every nite so about 20 of us were sat about this drinkin beers and swapping traveling stories so all good. Got to bed about 3...only problem was in the room next door was some couple with a baby who spent the entire nite screaming and fuck all sleep for me..not impressed and i dont think my suggestion of shutting him up with a canvas bag and a brick would have went down to well with the parents.
My last day i packed up my bag..half of my clothes still wet and damp and got my bus ticket for another 8 hour poxy journey ahead to Taman Negara national park.
Slideshow Report as Spam

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: