Such a beautiful life...
Trip Start Nov 25, 2010
15Trip End May 12, 2011
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
- They have drive-through bottle shops here – can't decide if this is a brilliant idea or not.
- The traffic lights go straight from red to green with no amber in-between – great for stalling.
- People are generally bad drivers but nobody seems to notice.
- Vauxhall is called Holden.
- Galaxy chocolate is called Dove.
- I love Thai Food!!
- Kite boarding looks scary as hell – get a small surfboard and attach a big parachute looking thing to it and off you go.
- Wine is not just red, white or rose over here – there is time dedicated to which one you drink.
- An advanced Yoga class is probably not the best idea for someone who has never done it before.
- It definitely does rain in Western Australia in the summer – even if just for half an hour or so.
Sorry I haven’t blogged in a while guys, I didn’t have much to write about as I was being such a lazy tourist for the first week. However I have now begun to experience new things and have a few things to tell you.
I had my first ever remedial massage and that woman managed to stop things hurting that I didn’t even know were sore. I have to say I did feel like a bit of an idiot at first, lay there covered in hot towels whilst a pure stranger massaged me with oil
I also decided to try out Yoga and went along to a class with my auntie who has been doing it for years! It wasn’t a beginner’s class but it started out easy enough, a few stretches which seemed relatively straight forward. But then it turned into a somewhat more advanced class and I ended up in positions that I didn’t think were humanly possible...I am not sure whether Yoga is for me or not as of yet but at least I tried!!!
I had my first experience of driving into the City and it is something I would hate to do on a regular basis. I had people reversing onto the Highway in front of me, people pulling out of side roads, changing lanes without indicating...it was shocking. Although my driving wasn’t perfect I will admit, turning the wrong way into a car park and having to reverse back out, then turning into the wall that separated the two entrances before correcting myself was not particularly brilliant!!!
I have to say the one thing I love about being over here is the lifestyle. Being able to go for a walk along the beach in the evening or even for a swim in the sea in the middle of November is a novel concept to me but one that I enjoy all the same. I have never eaten so many veggies and generally felt so healthy in a long time.
Again there isn’t really much to report, I have been shopping, to the beach, to a LOT of cafes, to the District Court to watch a Brief that my Auntie was prosecuting in and general other things such as going out for drinks and food a lot
Will update again soon.
Lots of Love xxxxx