Walking through heaven on earth
Trip Start Aug 15, 2012
43Trip End Aug 14, 2013
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Where I stayed
Camping Don Pedro
What I did
The most incredible beaches and jungle yet.
It was quite simply the perfect place to bum, which we did after we did a dirty great stonk up the hill. And after getting totally lost, stumbling over some unsuspecting bats hanging off rocks and dropping our water bottle down a dark hole next to a... 'slow moving creature' that we didn't quite catch sight of so were even more terrified of it, we finally returned to have some quality sunning time on the golden bay. I think the pictures speak for themselves. I only wish we had more time there.
In the jungle, all eyes must be peeled for wildlife
- Poisonous frog (one of those little black and yellow ones that look cute but are deadly...well he looked it anyway!)
- unsuspecting bats hung off rock
- crazy big spider with spotty back that hung over our path.
- caterpillar the size of your index finger, peppermint green with a weird red thorn/horn thing on it bum, very strange
- rare monkeys x3, very very cute and so inquisitive.
- crazy big butterflies. the electric blue beauties that are the size of your hands
- slow moving thing in cave..... bbbrrrrr, shudder.
- fishes in the sea, the water was so clear that you could just see them!
- huge millipede!
- Simon x1
- Leaf cutter ants like they were going out of fashion
- Lizards, the colour of the rainbow, well, mainly electric blue and green!
- Crickets, but no ordinary crickets, crickets that look like they're ready to take over the world. At 20cm long you know when they land on you....and, if you're anything like me, you scream!!!!!
- Capibara, (look it up!!!!)