The Yellow Shoes
Trip Start Sep 06, 2010
81Trip End Sep 27, 2011
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
The usual life span of my runners had always been a couple of years.
What I didn't know, was that THESE runners would last a lot longer and would take me to a lot of places.
- They climbed Mount Tongariro in New Zealand.
- They trekked the Golden Triangle in Thailand
- They strolled through the streets of Rome and Venice in Italy.
- They scaled Table Mountain in Cape Town, South Africa.
- They ventured the Colombian jungle to discover the Lost City of the Tayronas.
- and they also did a lot of less interesting stuff.
Now, with the addition of Antarctica, they have achieved something not many shoes can claim: they've been to all the continents!*
*Ok, fine: in order to get this claim to work, we have to consider North and South America as one single continent. This is what I was taught at school. Sofie is laughing at me because she claims that North and South America are two different continents.
I have let them rest in peace in the cemetery of shoes in Ushuaia. Actually together, Sofie and I gave away a total of four pairs of shoes at the hostel.. to Martin, our hostel guy and his friend.
May they R.I.P.... unless.... Martin!!!!! If you are reading this I challenge you to take a photo of the yellow shoes in the afterlife, completing the dream by taking them to North America!!