13 Signs you've been living in Thailand too long
Trip Start Jul 20, 2006
37Trip End May 10, 2007
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
1. You get overly excited for 2-ply toilet paper in a neighboring, lesser developed, communist country.
2. You forget it is socially unacceptable to pick you nose amongst other white people.
3. You cannot remember the last time you wore shoes instead of sandals.
4. You find it awkward, if not down right difficult, to eat with a fork and knife.
5. Food no longer tastes good unless it is drenched in fish oil, doused with chilies and sprinkeled in sugar.
6. You've run out of malaria tablets and those little bottles of hand sanitizer.
7. Your leg muscles are clearly cut and defined from squatting over squat toilets.
8. You can no longer construct a complete sentence in your own language.
9. Your favorite Thai masseuse is actually Burmese
10. You're accustomed to seeing a family of 5 using a motorbike as the family car.
11. You're no longer fazed by the fact that a butcher shop can stay in business regardless of the fact they operate without refrigerators or freezers.
12. You actually enjoy waking up to the crow of roosters in the morning, despite living in the city.
13. You are scared to return home to the western world for fear of the biggest case of culture shock you've ever endured