Beihen km 31-Xuewu village-Fufushan-Lalashan-Balin
Trip Start Apr 01, 2008
47Trip End Ongoing
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Where I stayed
Fu Fu Yia Du Handy 0982787898
Day 1: Country road ( 13 km, 1.100m up, 150m down, time 4 - 5 hours )
- from Beihen road No. 7, km 31 at Xuewu tunnel
- down to river and bridge
- up Xuewu village road up from 350m to 1.400m
- Stay at Homestay/ MInsu Fufu Yia Du in Xuewu village ( near road end on left side ) Tel: 0982787898 or 0925538865 ( very nice place! )
- Homestay at about 1.400m to Fufu Shan ( first Wife mountain, second Husband mountain at 1.870 m) - about 2 to 2.5 hours
- Husband mountain to trail Split-up 15 Min.( Trail splits into trail to Lalashan ( straight ) and Kala river/Shang Baling ( right hand side ))
- Trail Crossing to Lalashan on wide ridge and mountain slope about 2.5 to 3.5 hours
- From Lala Shan down to the FuBa trail ( Fushan - Baling trail ) - about 1 hour, 600m down - very wet ground.
- FuBa Trail to Shen Mu ( Big Tree area about 3.5km, 45 Min. )
- Shen Mu park to lower exit about 3 km - if you still feel like it, make a round trip trough the park visiting several ancient trees - about 45 Min. ( bus to Dasi/ Taoyuan leaves there at 3:30pm )
- Exit to Shang Baling about 6 km
On both days we were lucky to have beautiful weather, but not too hot.
All the way till the Shen Mu park area there is no water source!!!